NYLON PA12 (SLS)
Complex, Tough & Durable
TOUGH & DURABLE SLS MATERIAL
Nylon PA12 via Selective Laser Sintering (SLS) 3D Printing process is constructed from sintering Nylon powder with strong laser beams. During the build process, support materials are self supported by surrounding Nylon powder. This enables the creation of complex parts, while maintaining the tough and durable mechanical properties of Nylon.
Nylon PA12 (SLS) is generally suitable for small to medium sized, complex geometry parts with good mechanical and thermal properties. It is extremely suitable for outdoor usage. Nylon PA12 (SLS) is commonly used for tools, fixtures and plastic housings with complex geometry. Nylon PA12 (SLS) can easily be scaled for short run production of up to hundred parts within days.
- Standard Lead Time: Ship in about 4-7 business days
- Build Size: 200L x 250W x 330H (mm)
- Minimum Wall Thickness: 0.8mm (may vary)
- Minimum Detail: 0.5 mm
- Estimated Accuracy: +/-0.2-0.3 mm typically (0.3% of longest side)
- Real Functional Part
- Good Mechanical Properties
- Good Thermal Resistance
- Scale for low volume manufacturing
- Complex free form geometry
NOT SURE WHICH MATERIAL TO USE?
Let us make things simple for you.
DESIGN FOR SLS NYLON PA12
Minimum Wall Thickness
We recommend the following minimum wall thickness:
- 1 mm (For Parts smaller than 10cm)
- 2 mm (For Parts between 10cm-20cm)
- 3 mm (For Parts larger than 20cm)
Parts with Sufficient wall thickness is crucial to ensure successful print.
Embossed and Engraved Details
For Embossed Details: Recommended minimum thickness of 0.5mm and height of 0.5mm
For Engraved Details: Recommended minimum thickness of 0.5mm and depth of 0.5mm
Clearance for Fitting
It is very important to allow clearance between the space of 2 objects, so as to give a freedom of movement between the gap. We recommend:
- SLS Nylon PA12: 0.2 mm (tight fit), 0.3 mm (standard fit) and 0.5 mm (loose fit).
You are advised to test out several iterations to attain a perfect fit.
It is highly recommended to hollow out solid models to reduce cost and avoid shrinkage issues. We recommend:
- Wall Thickness of 2-3mm for Model below 35cm
- Wall Thickness of 4-5mm for Model between 35-60 cm
Include ‘Escape Holes’ to your model so as to drain excess material. It is recommended:
- At least 4mm ⌀ for smaller models
- At least 8mm ⌀ for larger models
- At least 2 holes
- Add multiple holes for larger models
For models with large flat unsupported planes, there is a risk of warpage. To prevent this, consider adding ribs as reinforcement to combat this issue.
Avoid Multiple Parts in a single file
Uploading multiple parts within a file may cause unnecessary delay in your order due to processing issues. Simply upload each part file separately for a smooth transaction.