DETAILED PLASTIC (SLA)
Rigid, Smooth & Versatile
DETAILED SLA MATERIAL
SLA Detailed Plastic, a 3D printing material that is able to capture an extreme level of detail with smooth surface finishing. Detailed Plastic material is constructed from UV-sensitive liquid resin hardened by UV laser. Stereolithography SLA 3D Printing process utilizes thin support structures to bridge overhang region which can be easily post processed to near injection molded finishing. It’s capabilities to capture high detail, large and mass produce parts with speed makes this the most popular 3D Printing material at ZELTA3D. Now we even have option for high definition 3D Printing in this material for even more demanding applications.
Detailed Plastic (SLA) offers economical yet extremely high precision prototype ranging from miniature parts to huge parts of up to 60cm. Detailed Plastic (SLA) is a versatile material for many applications such as design verification, exhibition model to miniature figurines.
HIGH DETAILED OPTION
Want to produce 3D Prints with the finest resolution? High Detailed Plastic allows for the most demanding applications, this is a stiffer material than Detailed Plastic with layer resolution down to 0.02mm for higher precision. Generally recommended for small intricate parts, this material comes in 2 colours Black and White.
- Standard Lead Time: Ship in about 4-7 business days (Detailed Plastic)
- Standard Lead Time: Ship in about 3-4 business days (High Detailed Plastic)
- Expedited Lead Time: Ship in about 1-2 business days (Detailed Plastic)
- Expedited Lead Time: Ship in about 1-2 business days (High Detailed Plastic)
- Detailed Plastic Build Size: 650L x 450W x 550H (mm)
- High Detailed Plastic Build Size: 130L x 130W x 130H (mm)
- Minimum Wall Thickness: 0.8 mm (Detailed Plastic)
- Minimum Wall Thickness: 0.5 mm (High Detailed Plastic)
- Minimum Detail: 0.1 mm
- Estimated Accuracy: +/-0.05 – 2mm typically (0.2% of longest side)
- Smooth Surface
- Easy to paint
- Close to injection molded appearance
- isotropic strength
- Intricate Details
- Large parts up to 60cm!
- High Resolution
NOT SURE WHICH MATERIAL TO USE?
Let us make things simple for you.
DESIGN FOR SLA DETAILED PLASTIC
Minimum Wall Thickness
We recommend the following minimum wall thickness:
- 1 mm (parts smaller than 10 cm)
- 2 mm (parts between 10 cm to 20 cm)
- 3 mm (parts larger than 20 cm)
Parts with Sufficient wall thickness is crucial to ensure successful print.
Embossed and Engraved Details
For Embossed Details: Recommended minimum thickness of 0.5mm and height of 0.5mm
For Engraved Details: Recommended minimum thickness of 0.5mm and depth of 0.5mm
Clearance for Fitting
It is very important to allow clearance between the space of 2 objects, so as to give a freedom of movement between the gap. We recommend:
- High/Detailed Plastic: 0.1 mm (tight fit), 0.2 mm (standard fit) and 0.4 mm (loose fit).
You are advised to test out several iterations to attain a perfect fit.
It is highly recommended to hollow out solid models to reduce cost and avoid shrinkage issues. We recommend:
- Wall Thickness of 2-3mm for Model below 35cm
- Wall Thickness of 4-5mm for Model between 35-60 cm
Include ‘Escape Holes’ to your model so as to drain excess material. It is recommended:
- At least 4mm ⌀ for smaller models
- At least 8mm ⌀ for larger models
- At least 2 holes
- Add multiple holes for larger models
For models with large flat unsupported planes, there is a risk of warpage. To prevent this, consider adding ribs as reinforcement to combat this issue.
Avoid Multiple Parts in a single file
Uploading multiple parts within a file may cause unnecessary delay in your order due to processing issues. Simply upload each part file separately for a smooth transaction.